The purpose of this document ("Data Protection Policy") is to inform you of how the Roots Learners Haven manages personal data which is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) ("the Act"). Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your personal data.
By interacting with us, submitting information to us, or signing up for any products or services offered by us, you agree and consent to the Roots Learners Haven (collectively, the "Companies"), as well as their respective representatives and/or coaches ("Representatives") (collectively referred to herein as "Roots Learners Haven", "us", "we" or "our") collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves my/our Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to the Companies' authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy.
This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to Roots Learners Haven in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which to any of the Companies may have at law to collect, use or disclose your personal data.
Roots Learners Haven may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on our website http://rootslearnershaven.com.sg/privacypolicy.html. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
1. Personal Data
In this Data Protection Policy, "Personal Data" refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access.
Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
2. Collection of Personal Data
2.1 Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit an application form or other forms relating to any of our products or services;
- when you interact with us, e.g. via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and email;
- when you use some of our services eg. websites and apps including establishing any online interaction with us;
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list; or when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data, our promotions and other initiatives;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our representatives
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
2.2 When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies. We do not at our website automatically collect Personal Data, including your email address unless you provide such information or login with your account credentials.
2.3 If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or others), or where you refer a third party to us for the purposes of us offering our products and/or services to that third party, by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
3.1 Generally, Roots Learners Haven collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to your queries and requests;
- managing the administrative and business operations of the Companies and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- facilitating business transactions;
- matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- handling requests and enquiries;
- providing media announcements and responses;
- organising promotional events and promotional materials;
- processing referral payments and commission fees to our external partners;
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
3.2 In addition, where permitted under the Act, Roots Learners Haven may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data as follows:
- providing services, products and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes;
- matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision or offering of products and services, whether by Roots Learners Haven or other third parties;
- sending you details of products, services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or which we have identified may be of interest to you; and
- conducting market research, understanding and determining customer location, preferences and demographics for us to review, develop and improve our products, services and also develop special offers and marketing programmes.
3.3 If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, Roots Learners Haven may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) with information about our products and services (including special programmes).
3.4 In relation to particular products or services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
4.1 Roots Learners Haven will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be provided, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
- Roots Learners Haven’s related corporations;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to Roots Learners Haven, such as telecommunications, information technology, payment, payroll, processing, training, market research, storage, archival or other services to Roots Learners Haven;
- vendors or other third party service providers in connection with promotions and services offered by Roots Learners Haven;
- banks and their respective service providers;
- Roots Learners Haven’s representatives, including our professional coaches;
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data to.
5.1 When you interact with us on our websites, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser. We may employ cookies in order for our server to recognise a return visitor as a unique user including, without limitation, monitoring information relating to how a visitor arrives at the website, what kind of browser a visitor is on, what operating system a visitor is using, a visitor's IP address, and a visitor's click stream information and time stamp (for example, which pages they have viewed, the time the pages were accessed and the time spent per web page).
5.2 Cookies are small text files placed in the 'Cookies' folder on your computer's hard disk and allow us to remember you. The cookies placed by our server are readable only by us, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on a computer. All web-browsers offer the option to refuse any cookie, and if you refuse our cookie then we do not gather any information on that visitor.
5.3 Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you may not be able to enter certain part(s) of our website.
6. Data Security
6.1 Roots Learners Haven will take reasonable efforts to protect Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that for example no harmful code will enter our website (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
6.2 While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet, and we urge you to take every precaution to protect your Personal Data when you are on the Internet. We recommend that you change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and ensure that you use a secure browser.
6.3 If applicable, you undertake to keep your username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorized person, and to inform us as soon as reasonably practicable if you know or suspect that someone else knows your username and password or believe the confidentiality of your username and password has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorized transactions have taken place. We are not liable for any damages resulting from any security breaches, on unauthorized and/or fraudulent use of your username and password.
8. Third-Party Sites
9. Contacting Us – Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
9.1 If you:
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, please contact Roots Learners Haven as follows:
Roots Learners Haven
Teck Whye Lane #01-227
9.2 If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, Roots Learners Haven may not be in a position to continue to provide its products or services to you, administer any contractual relationship in place, may also result in the termination of any agreements with Roots Learners Haven, and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings, and Roots Learners Haven’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
10. Governing Law
This Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.